Internet OK. Does not connect to Supernode

I have had my M2 Pro miner running for first 2 hours without getting anything but a steady yellow. Then I tried rebooting it and it has been running for 4 hours now and still nothing. Just a steady yellow light not connecting to a Supernode.

According to my Switch LED it also confirms the internet connection saying that a 10 Mbps port link is established. But for some reason it doesnt connect to a node and I can’t connect through the DataDash app, where it says “Gateway register: [7] permission denied”.

Hello,

So the problem with M2Pro is that you can’t register the miner on the DataDash, M2Pro will not connect anywhere if it is not registered on DataDash first. To solve your problem we would need your user name, you can write us on our Discord.

I have exactly the same issue with my miner.
I did register the miner via DataDash where I did assign the appropriate Supernode Area, which is Europe in my case.
Still my divce is connected to the internet but no supernode connection established.

I tried to get this fixed via Support but since a couple of days I don’t get any reply.

Has your issue been fixed in the meantime? And if so how?